Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
Reporting to the Health and Wellness Manager, the Unregulated Care Provider (UCP) provides personal care and performs selected tasks, which are within their knowledge and skill, under the direction of their supervisor while adhering to regulatory and company standards, policies and procedures.
- To work as a member of the inter-professional team with applying a person-centered approach to care;
- To adhere to the plan of care as determined by the supervisor;
- To work closely with the clinical team to facilitate residents’ move in and transfers where applicable;
- To provide direct resident care and document care in compliance with regulatory and company care standards, policies and procedures;
- To provide medication/treatment administration with documentation completion in compliance with regulatory and company standards of a UCP and all medication management policies and procedures;
- To observe and report on resident’s care utilizing appropriate company forms or tools;
- To observe and report on changes in residents’ condition to supervisor;
- To escalate medical emergencies to supervisor or emergency medical services as appropriate;
- To plan and prepare nutritious meals as required;
- To assist with ambulation, mobilization, transferring and adaptive aids;
- To demonstrate understanding of resident needs and maximize abilities;
- To provide cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to the resident/family;
- To maintain resident information confidentiality;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken within decision making authority and or concern communicated to supervisor;
- To assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment, including residents’ equipment, belongings, and nursing equipment;
- To observe & report to the Health and Wellness Manager any concerns regarding resident safety, including physical environment, implement interventions as directed by his/her supervisor & advocate on resident’s behalf to ensure the resident’s safety is maintained;
- To engage with other agencies involved in resident care as directed;
- To complete mandatory education and training requirements to develop knowledge and skills;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Graduate of Personal Support Worker program or equivalent healthcare professional training. Including but not limited to nursing student, foreign trained nurse or healthcare professional.
- Experience working with seniors in the community health services setting
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing personal care duties
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g., lifting/transferring clients
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS) including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.