Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
Reporting to the Health & Wellness Manager or Director of Care, the Health Care Aide provides personal care and performs selected tasks, which are within their knowledge and skill, under the direction of their supervisor while adhering to regulatory and company standards, policies and procedures.
- To adhere to the plan of care as determined by the supervisor;
- To facilitate residents' move in and transfers where applicable;
- To observe and report on resident care/service utilizing appropriate company forms or tools;
- To assist the resident with personal care and hygiene and activities of daily living;
- To observe and report on changes in resident's condition to supervisor;
- To escalate medical emergencies to supervisor or emergency medical services as appropriate;
- To plan and prepare nutritious meals as required;
- To assist with ambulation, mobilization, transferring and adaptive aids;
- To demonstrate understanding of resident needs and maximize abilities;
- To provide cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to the resident/family;
- To maintain resident information confidentiality;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken within decision making authority and or concern communicated to supervisor;
- To assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment, including residents' equipment, belongings, and nursing equipment;
- To observe & report to the supervisor any concerns regarding residents' safety, including physical environment, implement interventions as directed by his/her supervisor & advocate on resident's behalf to ensure their safety is maintained;
- To engage with other agencies involved in resident care as directed;
- To attend in services to develop knowledge and skills;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of Health Care Aide program (or provincial equivalent certificate program with minimum 500 hours in Ontario & Alberta of theory & practicum)
- Experience working with seniors in the community health services setting
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing personal care duties
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification recommended
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting/transferring clients.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.