Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
Are you a driven clinical leader looking to make an impact? Are you passionate about senior care?
Our next Health and Wellness Manager is a values-driven leader with a passion for overseeing and managing the clinical program. Your strong clinical skills and compassion for delivering exceptional care will enable you to provide top-notch, individualized service to our residents. You'll excel at resident and employee safety and well-being, and your expertise in hiring and training superstar clinical experts will ensure a highly effective team. As a dedicated clinician, you'll deliver best-in-class care to our residents, living our values and inspiring your team to do the same.
You will work closely with the Executive Director, regional clinical team, and departmental managers to maximize resident satisfaction, ensuring a positive living experience for our residents. Cultivating strong relationships with residents, family members, employees, managers, and regional support teams and agencies will be integral to fostering a supportive and caring community for our residents.
You'll participate in care conferences, conduct resident assessments, and develop service plans, ensuring individualized care for each resident. You will diligently adhere to all relevant organizational, provincial and federal acts and regulations, ensuring legal and ethical compliance in all aspects of resident care.
Perks and Benefits for the Health and Wellness Manager:
We believe in rewarding our Health and Wellness Manager for their results, hard work and dedication. Here are some of the appealing perks and benefits you can expect:
- Competitive Compensation Package: As a Health and Wellness Manager, you will enjoy a lucrative compensation package. We offer a competitive salary that reflects your experience and expertise and eligibility to our department manager bonus plan. Additionally, there is an opportunity for annual merit increases, ensuring that your hard work and exceptional performance are recognized and rewarded.
- Comprehensive Onboarding and Training: We value your success and provide an extensive four-week onboarding program. This program is designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to excel in your role. We invest in your professional development from the start.
- Coaching and Mentoring: We are committed to your ongoing growth and development. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Regional and National teams, who will provide guidance, support, and mentorship. Their expertise and insights will help you reach your full potential as a Health and Wellness Manager.
- Dedicated Support: We understand the importance of having a strong support system. You will have access to dedicated support staff and resources to assist you in your role. Whether it's administrative support, operational guidance, Legal or Finance, we are here to ensure your success.
- Extensive Benefits Plan: Your well-being is important to us. We offer an extensive benefits plan that includes comprehensive medical coverage, health benefits, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for personal support, and a RRSP matching program to help you plan for your future.
- Manulife Vitality Program: We prioritize your health and wellness. As part of our commitment, we offer the Manulife Vitality program. By participating, you have the opportunity to earn exciting rewards and gift cards, encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Employee Perks Program: We are a proud partner of Perkopolis, an employee discount program that provides our team members with exclusive discounts on entertainment, travel and shopping, gift card rewards, and much more.
- Generous Time Off: We recognize the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. You will start with three weeks of vacation per year, along with additional sick and personal days. This time off allows you to recharge, spend quality time with loved ones, and take care of personal commitments.
- Rewards and Recognition: We want you to know that your efforts are valued by celebrating your dedication, hard work and career achievements. We do this through our service awards program and celebration stations.
- Career Growth Opportunities: We believe in fostering a culture of growth and advancement. As you excel in your role as a Health and Wellness Manager, there are clear paths for career progression within the organization. You may have the opportunity to move into regional and national positions, allowing you to continue making a positive impact on our organization at a larger scale.
Now that you know a bit about the role and our perks and benefits, we are eager to learn more about your skills and experience. Here is what we look for.
Skills for success:
- Clinical competence
- Critical thinking to assess and make decisions on complex care scenarios
- Strong people leadership skills
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- Effective emotional support
- Empathy and compassion
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Adaptable and comfortable working through unique situations
- A team player, collaborative
- Technical proficiency with better than average computer skills
- Ethical and able to maintain confidentiality
- Advocate for residents rights and needs
- Keen on continuous learning
- Currently registered as a Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse from the applicable provincial professional regulatory body with competency to perform skills within their scope of practice;
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant clinical experience and one (1) year of leadership experience, preferably in a retirement residence;
- Experience managing a multidisciplinary team in a unionized environment;
- Experience in mentoring, training, and developing nursing staff, fostering a positive work environment and facilitating ongoing education for your team;
- Experience recruiting and building a strong team that delivers personalized clinical support, is on top of resident assessments, and develops care plans for the best quality of care;
- A good understanding of budgets and financials to be able to monitor department expenses while ensuring all care and labour services are billed appropriately;
- Up to date of knowledge of regulations, acts, program standards, and other pertinent provincial legislation;
- Must provide a complete and current Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) within the last six months or be willing to obtain one.
Don’t Meet Every Requirement?
If you’re excited about working with us but your past experience doesn’t quite align with every qualification of this posting, we encourage you to apply. You just might be the right candidate for this or other roles. We are always looking for great talent to join our team.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, women, people with disabilities, and people with diverse gender identities, expressions and sexual orientations.
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.