Wage per hour
Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
Reporting to the Active Living Manager, the Active Living Aide assists in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents.
- Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents, in collaboration with the Active Living Manager & Executive Director;
- Assists with the maintenance of appropriate department records including assessments, evaluations of planned programs detailing individual participation, charting;
- Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families, volunteers and staff of other departments, keeping them informed of current and upcoming events;
- Attends in-service education in order to keep informed of current trends in the total care of the elderly;
- Participates in team meetings to plan programs with residents' interest in mind;
- Facilitating residents to scheduled and pre-arranged outings;
- Assisting with assessment of individual resident activity levels;
- Preparing, carrying out and evaluating daily activities;
- Assisting with meal services as required;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- College diploma in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Gerontology or equivalent is required;
- Previous experience working with seniors;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- An energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly;
- Valid provincial driver's license to transport residents by van (i.e.: Class 4; Class F);
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.