Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
The Regional Manager of Operations is responsible for supporting training/onboarding of new and/or existing Executive. In this capacity, s/he will work with other regional and national stakeholders to drive compliance & business outcomes through application of established standards and policies within the region. The Regional Manager of Operations may be responsible for supporting the implementation of new and/or sustainment of existing corporate/regional initiatives within their region.
- Standardized training and onboarding of Executive Directors
- Satisfactory regional compliance to provincial regulations and Revera’s standards and procedures
- Successful implementation and operationalization of new or existing initiatives within the region
- High compliance as measured through internal and external performance benchmarks
- Build and maintain strong relationships with government and community stakeholders
- Improved overall resident experience (as measured by Resident Satisfaction Survey)
- Improved overall employee engagement at the regional level (as measured by Employee Engagement Survey)
- Be efficient and well versed in the operation of all residence’s departments (e.g., Culinary, Housekeeping, Recreation, Health & Wellness, Environmental Services, Front Office and Capital Expenditures)
- Lead and coordinate onboarding of new Executive Directors and if requested, support the same for other department leadership positions;
- Under the guidance of RDO, coach and mentor or retrain site leaders to drive operational efficiency,
- Ensure assigned residences are delivering services in accordance with all applicable legislative/regulatory requirements as well Revera standards;
- In partnership with regional and national teams support the RDO to drive operational and financial efficiencies within the region;
- Participate in the development of annual operating and capital budgets;
- Participate in monthly variance calls;
- Support residences in achievement of their sales & occupancy, financial, quality and people goals;
- Be on site to manage a high risk issue and or to provide coverage as needed;
- Support residences in managing resident and family complaints, and utilize learnings to drive operational excellence through continuous education or hands-on training of existing or new leaders;
- As requested, engage with the Residents/families to welcome feedback and review concerns with a focus on quick resolution;
- Maintain strong community partnerships with key external vendors and stakeholders;
- Support and or lead implementation of policies and procedures to drive compliance to organizational standards and applicable legislation;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- Complete all other duties as assigned
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing, Health or related field
- Minimum of (5) years relevant management experience, preferably in senior care, hotel or hospitality related industry setting
- Supervisory experience of a sizeable multidisciplinary team
- Solid understanding of business planning and processes and key business metricsto be achieved
- Property management and maintenance experience is an asset
- Prior experience in sales and marketing to drive superior performance and results
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.