Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
"WE TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY" is our company's visionary statement and our philosophy towards residents and the people who work for us.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Duty Manager will nurture our "We Treat You Like Family" spirit and direct residence operations in the General Manager and Assistant Managers absence and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER AND ASSISTANT MANAGER
- Strong leadership skills and strong training and delegation skills
- A genuine caring for people
- Must be pleasant, friendly and courteous at all times
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Loyalty and commitment to excellence
Will provide hands on supervision of staff during shift, will discipline employees as required. Will have the authority to "suspend" employees pending investigation by the General Manager and Assistant Manager. In these
circumstances a written report will be required.
- Oversee the operation in the absence of the General Manager and Assistant Manager
- Supervise the staff on duty and ensure that quality service and the needs of residents are being met
- Answer and respond immediately to emergency response system
- Assist with pouring coffee and tea, cleaning/setting tables in the dining room
- Ensure that dining room is cleaned after each meal service and reset
- Maintain good relationships with residents and their families
- Conduct tours of residence with prospective residents
- Assist in developing and maintaining a schedule for the staff that sufficiently meets the needs of residents and ensures proper staffing
- Review daily communication book and add pertinent information
- Communicate residents needs with applicable staff at change of shift or as needed
- Lead by example, encourage teamwork, promote our "We Treat You like Family" philosophy, and provide assistance to staff
- Provide an open-door policy to on duty staff, addressing any concerns or grievances they may have
- Assist in the training of all employees in accordance with company policies and training programs
- Check for birthdays and ask kitchen to get cake ready
- Water plants when needed
- Check for meal reservations and residents out
- Report any staff injuries to General Manager/Assistant Manager so they can report to WCB
- Set up for birthday parties/parties
- Write up receipts for rent roll (about 24 of the month)
- Check to make sure there are enough aprons/table cloths, napkins etc.
- Keep office and coffee bars tidy
- Emergency pendant must be worn if working alone
- Run activities if activity co-coordinator is away
- Any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.