Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
Reporting to the Culinary Manager, the Dining Room Supervisor directs and supervises the activities of the dining room to provide a high level of service for our residents.
- Directs and supervises the activities of the dining room to provide a high level of service;
- Ensures shift routines are current, monitors work flow, evaluates performance and service delivery that is consistent with principles outlined in "The Main Course' and corporate standards, and makes changes as required to ensure the consistency in quality of service;
- Recruits and orients dining room wait staff, completes work schedules and authorizes leaves of absences;
- Provides job analysis and role functions for all dietary personnel within their scope of practices;
- Responsible for supervising, coaching, redirecting, and evaluating dining room staff performance to ensure a high level of productivity and the best use of staff capabilities, as well as to ensure that the objectives of the department are being met;
- Attempts to resolve personnel problems with staff and refers unresolved problems to Food Services;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of recognized course in Food & Beverage/Hospitality
- Completion of courses in service management, guest relations, service excellence, human resources or equivalent
- Completion of Safe Serve (Ontario) or equivalent
- Minimum of three years experience in hotel or restaurant fine dining service
- Ability to manage staff and resources
- Excellent human relations skills to handle diverse interactions with Residents, families and staff
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.