Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
The Bus Driver is responsible for transporting Residents in the company vehicle to various events and activities coordinated by the Residence.
- To establish and maintain harmonious relationships with residents, their families and employees;
- To assist residents with care requirements (walkers/wheelchairs, etc.) while entering and exiting the facility vehicle;
- To transport residents in the facility vehicle to various scheduled locations, outings and events;
- To assist with other duties as assigned;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal English skills
- Must possess a valid and applicable class of drivers license, with a clean driving record; ON - Class F ; MB AB BC - Class 4
- Will have proof of current, valid CPR and First Aid certification
- Enjoys working closely with team members and has a strong desire to provide our residents with a better quality of life
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and patience
- Previous experience working with seniors is considered an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.