Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
Reporting to the Director of Care or Health and Wellness Manager, the Staff Educator's role is to identify training needs and then design, develop and deliver required training to team members.
- Identifies the educational and training needs in the facility to ensure quality of care and services;
- Designs, develops and coordinates the delivery of Staff Development Programs to meet these needs;
- Ensures good resident outcome and satisfaction through training needs of staff;
- Develops general orientation and ongoing educational programs based on learning needs of staff;
- Communicates the planned program to encourage participation, involvement and support;
- Provides programs to enhance the working life and increase knowledge and esteem of the staff;
- Evaluates the effectiveness and quality of Staff Development Program against appropriate objectives and standards;
- Receives feedback from staff and department heads on training programs;
- Monitors new technology, trends in the delivery of each service and ensures staff are trained appropriately;
- Maintains staff attendance in-service records and quality management activities for the program;
- Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights / Governing Principles and endeavors to promote it;
- Establishes adequate resource material on health related books, for nutrition, activation and environmental departments;
- Performs clinical teaching sessions on the units as needed;
- Responsible for teaching health and safety issues such as WHMIS, lifts and transfers and back care in consultation with the Health & Safety team;
- Responsible to carry out legislated duties for health and safety as per the certification training program;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with current registration with the Provincial Licensing Body;
- Diploma in Gerontology, Nursing Administration, Rehabilitation, or the equivalent;
- Completion or working towards a course in adult education at the community college level is considered an asset;
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills;
- Good motivational and time management skills, good inter-departmental communications and leadership skills are necessary;
- Good working attitude and team building skills are a must;
- The successful incumbent will be the management certified Health and Safety Representative;
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.