Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
Like to serve? We’re hiring a Server to work in our bright and welcoming dining room. Join us today and be part of a team of servers that will support with the set-up of the dining room and all aspects of serving and clean up associated with dining services within our retirement residence. Here, we believe mealtime is more than food; it’s friends and family coming together for good conversation and memorable experiences.
- To serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- To set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required;
- To assist with cleaning of dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each dining service as required;
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area as required;
- To assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events;
- To assist in the orientation and training of new culinary employees;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- To comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in the Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in the Company’s Code of Conduct; and
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food service industry and working with seniors
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS) or be willing to obtain one upon hire.
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.