Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
Reporting to the Culinary Manager, the Cook is responsible for preparation and delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees.
- To prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees;
- To review menus and production sheets before preparing meals and prepare and serve them properly and attractively;
- To ensure use of proper food handling techniques;
- To complete daily temperature audits for fridge, freezers and storerooms and record findings on daily audit form;
- To prepare and serve foods for therapeutic /speciality diets according to planned menus;
- To make menu substitutions as necessary and record these in designated place;
- To adhere to time schedules for service of meals and nourishments;
- To follow daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget;
- To comply with all provincial/municipal regulations and established dietary department policies and procedures;
- To participate actively in planning/preparing special occasion and theme meal days;
- To attend department and facility staff meetings, in-services and other necessary training sessions;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate
- Red Seal Certificate preferred
- Must have experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in a healthcare or retirement setting
- Must be knowledgeable of the Provincial Food Premises Regulation and Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Must have knowledge of and experience with special and therapeutic diets
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.