Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
The Laundry Aide is responsible for the collection, sorting, washing, repair and delivery of resident's laundry.
- To assist in the collection and sorting of soiled personal clothing and linens and pre- treat stains as required
- To load and unload washers and dryers ensuring that proper settings are used and that chemical supplies are at an appropriate level
- To inspect soiled linens or personal laundry and complete any required repairs, e.g. rips, tears, buttons;
- To fold, segregate and stack linens and residents' clothing and ironing as required;
- To deliver linens and clothing to appropriate areas;
- To adhere to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- To complete documentation as required according to facility policy/job routines;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge/experience in commercial laundry procedures and ability to meet physical requirements of the job
- Ability to follow instructions and provide feedback on a day to day basis
- Must be familiar with standard sewing and mending techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper linen care and stain removal
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.