Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
This is a Hybrid role with the expectation to be in the office 2 3 days a week.
Reporting to the Property Accounting Manager, the Capital Accountant will perform tasks of a general accounting nature with respect to capital asset financial statement line items. As part of these tasks, the Capital Accountant will have the responsibility to maintain, create and document accounts related to capital expenditures for the consolidated company. They will create and provide reports to support monthly recording of depreciation, additions, disposals, transfers and gain or loss on sale. Also, the Capital Accountant will prepare internal analysis reports, account reconciliations, and ensure that the company capitalization policy is properly enforced.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated and possess a high attention to detail while still being able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Achieve established timelines for reporting periods
- Support organizational needs for information while improving effectiveness of delivery
- Support with organizational changes - capital structure, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Maintain controls over accounting processes
- Ensure multiple quarterly financial statement notes & disclosures completed to time lines established by External Financial Reporting with accuracy
- Identify and take advantage of opportunities for improvement in accounting & financial reporting for Capital
- Review and approve requests for capital expenditures based on company's capitalization policy;
- Review and analyze calculation of depreciation for all fixed assets;
- Timely completion of month-end, quarter-end and year-end close journal entries, analysis and reporting;
- Complete fixed asset roll forwards and assigned account reconciliations monthly;
- Monitor, communicate and resolve open issues related to assigned projects;
- Perform analysis and create ad hoc reports as requested by various departments and management;
- Assist in process improvement initiatives as needed throughout the department;
- Support external and internal auditors, as needed;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in company's Code of Conduct;
- To perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- 1 year relevant work experience
- Degree or Diploma CPA Designation (or pursuing) is an asset.
- Experience with accounting and/or large enterprise reports systems (Workday knowledge an asset)
- Microsoft Excel (intermediate knowledge preferred)
- Experience in preparation of audit working papers
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of financial concepts and principles
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and influencing skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization
- Results focused and ability to carry out assigned tasks within required timelines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate agility during time of change
- Desire to learn more and demonstrate willingness to support the team on a daily basis
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.