Cogir Senior Living manages retirement residences across the country. We offer a range of senior living options including independent living, assisted living and memory care.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated every day to the happiness of retirees.
Human Focus – Creativity - Excellence
We’re seeking individuals with a purpose and passion for life and who are looking for meaningful work that will make a real difference. Join our team today!
The Team Leader is responsible and accountable for supervising and providing assistance to Tenant Companions; as well as the day to day operations of Rosewood. The Team Leader provides direction, instructions and guidance to employees at Rosewood and The Waverley. The Team Leader has the ability to be team effective by providing assistance when needed to get the job done and the ability to flex and adapt to situations as they arise.
Quality Tenant Service
- To supervise and ensure Tenant Companions adhere to the plan of care for residents
- Responds to resident or family member concerns promptly and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Health and Wellness Manager or Executive Director
- Ability to be customer focused by making oneself available to the Tenant Companions, residents, families/friends, Home Care Workers and visitors
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to tenant needs respecting their dignity and promoting their independence
- Provides assistance to the Tenant Companion as requested and in urgent/emergency situations
- Ability to act calmly, confidently and in an appropriate manner to an urgent or emergent situation
- Makes copies of confidential / appropriate information when sending resident to hospital
- Assists with special events that involve more than one house
- Coordinate with Health and Wellness Manager for move-ins and move-outs
- Assists the Tenant Companion as required or requested by DHW/ED. Performs all the duties of a Tenant Companion as required.
- Reports all pertinent shift and resident information to the oncoming shift.
- To report any adverse observations noted to the Health and Wellness Manager, after medication
- To notify DHW if a medication error has occurred.
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Audits to ensure tenant suite(s) and common area(s) are maintained in a safe, clean and comfortable condition
- Team Leaders make rounds multiple times each shift to ensure any issues are reported to the appropriate manager / department
- Ensure internal walkways and small sitting areas to the houses are free of clutter and any hazards such as spills or trash. Picks up any trash and wipes up any spills.
- Ensure appropriate departments are aware when a suite is vacated.
- Ensure empty suites are readied for new residents
- Assist the Tenant Companion with any major spills or accidents within the house or common areas of Rosewood/Waverley
- Ensure all requests for maintenance work are appropriately submitted and completed
- To orientate tenants, move in and internal transfers where applicable; using a warm and welcoming approach
- Ensures Tenant Companions are using safe food handling practices as per policy.
- Replaces staff that are unable to work their scheduled shift. Completes the required documentation.
- Assist in covering or arranging for employee breaks
- Annual Tenant Companion performance appraisals
- Assumes the Tenant Companion's duties if they go off duty mid to end of shift. Reports to the Staffing Coordinator or designate all such situations. Completes the required documentation.
Health and Safety
- Takes responsibility for ensuring Tenant Companion's minimum requirements are current. Observes return demonstrations and signs off the record.
- Uses good body mechanics. Acts as a role model for proper body mechanics. Reviews the correct use of body mechanics with a Tenant Companion upon request of the Director of Health and Wellness.
- Reports to the scene of any accident/incident within the Rosewood & Waverley assisting as needed.
- Ensure employees complete required company and WCB paperwork if hurt on the job. Complete an initial investigation of reported injury site.
- Becomes the Fire Marshall for the building in the absence of the Maintenance Manager or designate.
- Adherence to workplace safety and health regulations as well as site policies and guidelines.
- To notify the appropriate manager/department of any concerns impacting tenant's safety.
- Demonstrates excellence in customer service using courteous, caring, understanding and empathetic approaches.
- Complete Rosewood prospect tours of site as required.
- Promotes the Rosewood in a positive manner demonstrating a commitment to its service excellence.
- Meets and greets Tenants, families and visitors with warmth and respect using a welcoming approach.
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity.
- Adheres to provincial and federal regulations, to maintain tenant information confidentiality.
- Communicates (both verbally and written) to the appropriate staff member/supervisor all relevant information regarding the tenant and/or family as well as environmental concerns
- To observe and report on tenant's care/service utilizing appropriate company forms or tools
- To engage with other agencies involved in tenant care as directed by supervisor.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring the safe, economical and efficient use and maintenance of resources, equipment and supplies.
- All staff must adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Uses a respectful, courteous, caring, understanding and empathetic approach to guide their words, actions and attitude.
- Promotes the site in a positive manner demonstrating a commitment to its service excellence.
- Builds and maintains friendly, reciprocal and warm relationships with individuals and families
- Assists tenants in a manner that preserves dignity and promotes independence
- Listens, understands and responds appropriately when interacting with the tenant, tenant's family and visitors
- Works effectively within a team environment
- Works collaboratively with employees and management staff.
- To attend in-services to develop knowledge and skills
- Assumes personal responsibility for maintaining and enhancing current skills
- Shares learned knowledge and skills with peers.
- To have a basic knowledge of medications utilized by tenants in the community. To attend mandatory medication training and yearly refresher. Must successfully pass both written and demonstrative medicating testing.
- Internal applicants must have successfully demonstrated proficiency in their current position.
- Internal applicants must have an exemplary attendance record and satisfactory performance appraisal's on file.
- Previous experience with scheduling, coaching employees, managing emergency situations and working with residents and families.
- Must have valid current C.P.R. and First Aid designation as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Health Care Aide/Home Care Attendant certificate from an educational institution recognized by the WRHA considered an asset. Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Life and work experience in homemaking and caring for the elderly; Recent experience working with the elderly is preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and patience
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal English skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability with comprehensive knowledge of care practices
- Able to work a variety of shifts including weekends
- Highly organized with ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- This position is subject to a current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a Child Abuse Registry Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Cogir is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.